Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thirst No.2 Evaluation

The book that I finished reading recently is called "Thirst No.2" by Christopher Pike. I liked how this book has specific details through-out the book to give you more information on what is happening in the book, or even about how the character is feeling as of that moment. I think that this book is good and should not be changed in any way, and also because it is not my work, so then I don't think that I have the right to just change the story. The one thing that I disliked about the book is how when a situation is taking place in the story, sometimes the author doesn't give another persons perspective about the situation, just the main character, Alisa's point of view.

The main conflict in the book was that Alisa had to get Paula's baby back to her without James/Ogre giving the baby to his species and  and them killing it. The baby is a "chosen baby", as in Paula's baby that got kidnapped by James is the reincarnation of "God", or in other words, her baby is the reincarnation of "Jesus". This conflict lead Alisa to think of a very tough decision. Alisa had to think of whether to kill her daughter, Kalika, or to save her when the time is needed. This was a tough decision for Alisa because she loved her daughter, like a mother should, and she just couldn't stand killing the daughter that she loved so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment